Hair Care by Tampa Hair Extensions by Denise
Please go to the products page to see the products recommended. If you have followed all the information and are having an issue, please contact me asap.These directions help grow in your natural hair in the best shape possible.
Your new routine.
1-Use Hairapeutix prepoo before shampooing.
2- Use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo. You can add 3 to 4 drops of Essential Peppermint Oil if you have prior hair loss.
3- Condition BELOW the attachment point with Paul Mitchell Awaphuhi conditioner. Never on the scalp. Just makes your hair look dirty faster.
4-Add Biolage Hydrosource leave in.
5- Use a Turbie Towel to soak up the water before blow drying.
6-Use proper heat settings on your tools. Most people do not need the hottest setting. This is just eventually fry your hair. Use a Wet Brush to brush thru your hair.
7-Braid your hair before bed & use a satin pillowcase to keep your hair from getting roughed up. Never go to bed with a wet head.
8-Once a month, or before your next service, get an Olaplex treatment & a deep conditioner.
9-Use Fabric Fusion to seal your weft before getting your tracks installed.
10-Before you shower use the Boar Bristle Brush to brush out any tangles at the attachment point. Never let your hair get tangles.
11-Use the Aquasana water filter. It is different than a water softener. It takes all the bad stuff out of the water. If you sign up for their “water for life” program, they will send your new filters automatically & give you 10% off for signing up. You dont have to remember when to change the filter. Very easy to install & remove.
You must always:
- Use professional products.
- Keep your hair clean. Shampoo & condition as needed.
- Keep your hair dry. Do not go to bed with wet hair or keep your hair damp. This WILL ruin the extensions
- Keep your hair tangle free. Brush out tangles asap.
- Do your chemical services before your extensions.
- Do deep conditioning about 1 week before your next appointment.
- Come to your appointments with clean dry styled hair.
You must never:
- Take out your own extensions. I can’t reuse tapes.
- Leave tangles in your hair. There is an extra charge for tangled hair.
- Trim your extensions the weeks proceeding your move up. You might make the extensions too short.
If you have a problem with your weft shedding, please click here for instructions on sealing your weft.
- Make sure you are following all directions on the hair care page.
- Make sure you are using all the recommended styling tools & products on the products page,
- Contact your hair supplier ( if you supplied your own hair).
- Make a (15 minute) appointment to see me. You must bring ALL of your products and tools to this appointment.
Some hair loss is normal. A person’s average natural hair loss is between 50 to 150 hairs per day and a full head of attachments covers approximately one half of the head, you can expect to see a small quantity of naturally released hairs trapped in the attachments after some time. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hairs pulled out of the scalp by the attachments themselves. Daily brushing close to the scalp and finger separation of the applied strands will avoid matting. It is normal for the attachments to look “fuzzy” after a while. This is dependent on how your own hair will shed. You should not let the attachments become intertwined with each other as this means you are not brushing properly. Any extensions that come out, save & bring to your next visit.